Period: April 2014–ongoing
The Swedish Maritime Administration (SMA) is the governmental agency responsible for maritime safety and availability. SMA has been facing several major infrastructure changes during 2014 and 2015.
The Swedish Maritime Administration has to
- replace its telephony platform from Nortel
- suborder new fixed and mobile operator services due to an expiring contract
- suborder new WAN as a service due to an expiring contract.
ClearPoint has received a number of assignments for the Swedish Maritime Administration in 2014/2015:
- Assisting and supporting SMA in the implementation of a new telephony platform from Cisco.
- Taking responsibility for the subordering of a new operator for fixed and mobile telephony.
- Taking responsibility for the subordering of a new WAN.
- Taking responsability for the implementation of fixed and mobile operator services.
- A new telephony platform has been established.
- The suborder for a new operator for fixed and mobile telephony services has been realized, without appeal.
- The suborder for a new WAN has been published and was finished in April, 2015.
- The implementation of new operator services was finished in February, 2015.
- The implementation of new WAN will be completed in October, 2015.
Challenges and dependencies
The Swedish Maritime Administration has a number of critical operations that demand high security and maximum uptime, for example:
- Sea rescue and air sea rescue services.